SUTTON SPORTS ALLIANCE
In August 2017 Sutton United Football Club (“Sutton United FC”), Sutton & Epsom Rugby Football Club (“Sutton & Epsom RFC”) and Sutton Cricket Club (“Sutton CC”) announced their intention to form a sporting alliance to collaborate within the local community (the “Sutton Sports Alliance”).
The Sutton Sports Alliance brings together three major sports clubs within the area, with the common aim of increasing participation and spectator numbers across football, rugby and cricket in the area; with a particular focus on younger people.
Keep and eye on this page for regular updates around the alliances activities and how you can get involved.
MARCH 2018 UPDATE
Please find below the updated from the Sutton Sports alliance members for March 2018. With the football & rugby season’s in full swing the pre-season preparation for cricket well underway – now is a great time to support or get involved with your local club.
SUTTON UNITED FC
February has been a very successful month for all teams playing for SUFC.
The first team is unbeaten in the League in 2018 (spanning eight matches) and sits second in the National League behind Macclesfield, the current leaders. With eleven games to go, the pre -season target of achieving at least a Play-off berth is still very much alive. It’s going to be an exciting run-in for sure! Attendances have been consistently over 2000 with the visit of Wrexham earlier this month attracting a crowd of over 2600.
Other teams continue to perform to a high standard too– the new Ladies team leads its division and the 3 community teams all lead their respective divisions too – in the Surrey FA League the two teams from the Club lead by significant margins. Both are also in the Semi-finals of the FA People’s Cup.
STOP Press early bird offers availalble on season ticket for next season – get your season ticket now !
SUTTON CRICKET CLUB
“Winter nets began in February, with a very well attended inaugural session at Epsom College. The sessions continue 4th and 18th March from 11am to 1pm for adult members and those juniors intending to play senior cricket in 2018. As always, potential new players of all abilities are very welcome. Meanwhile, the women’s section is participating in a 6-a-side indoor competition at Richard Challoner School in New Malden, running for 4 weeks on Sundays.
As the season draws nearer, the club’s social calendar picks up with a Quiz Night on Friday 13th April starting at 8pm. The entry fee per team is £10 (maximum of 6 people per team) with profits going to the cricket club’s women’s section. There is also the Club Annual Dinner on Friday 20th April, when we will welcome Daniel Norcross, the cricket broadcaster for Test Match Special, as our guest speaker.
The popular Friday evening colts pay as you play sessions will begin again on Friday 28th April for boys and girls (Reception – Year 2) and girls only (Years 3-6). In addition, there will be a new session of girls in year 7-10 and registration is open for All Stars Cricket, the ECB led initiative – this is being run in parallel on Friday evenings.”
SUTTON AND EPSOM RFC
– A fantastic couple of months at Rugby Lane with our 1XV nearly securing safety in the London & South-East Premier, we have got some crucial games coming up! Head to suttonrugby.co.uk to get fixture details!
– Details for our huge, end of season, Big Bash have been confirmed! Starting at 10am on Sunday 13th May, we have everything needed for a fantastic family day out at Rugby Lane! This year we have a Battle of the Bands taking place too, head to our website for further details!
– Monica Bradley Associates are our Headline Sponsors!
Based in Cheam for over twenty years, Monica Bradley Associates provide their clients with expert advice on mortgages, insurance and estate planning services, having recently expanded into a second set of premises in the heart of Cheam Village.
Managing Director, Monica Bradley comments,
“The team at Monica Bradley Associates and I are honoured to support our local club which has such a long and distinguished history, and I look forward to watching some fine rugby over the coming months!”
– The season may be ending but we’re always welcoming new members to Rugby Lane regardless of age, gender or ability! If you want to give rugby a try, please get in contact with our Community Development Officer, Sam Phillips (email@example.com).
– Summer Camp! The biggest children’s rugby camp takes place this August and we’re celebrating our camp’s 10 Year Anniversary! All children (aged 4-15) are welcome, last year we had over 300 children attending across the two weeks! Dates are: WC Monday 13th August 2018 & WC Monday 20th August 2018 – head to https://goo.gl/forms/WrGZ1MMXgYx7zRDm2 to book!
Community Officer (Special Projects)