SUTTON SPORTS ALLIANCE
In August 2017 Sutton United Football Club (“Sutton United FC”), Sutton & Epsom Rugby Football Club (“Sutton & Epsom RFC”) and Sutton Cricket Club (“Sutton CC”) announced their intention to form a sporting alliance to collaborate within the local community (the “Sutton Sports Alliance”).
The Sutton Sports Alliance brings together three major sports clubs within the area, with the common aim of increasing participation and spectator numbers across football, rugby and cricket in the area; with a particular focus on younger people.
Keep and eye on this page for regular updates around the alliances activities and how you can get involved.
November 2019 Update
Please find below the updated from the Sutton Sports alliance members. With the football & rugby season’s in full swing, and the pre-season preparation for cricket well underway, now is a great time to get involved and support your local clubs.
SUTTON CRICKET CLUB
“Winter nets will begin in February, running every Sunday from the 16th February to the 5th April from 10am-12pm, and any adult members or juniors intending to play senior cricket in 2020 are welcome to intend. As always, potential new players of all abilities are very welcome, with each session costing £5, which will be deducted from membership prices should you wish to join (details on the home page). Meanwhile, the women’s section will be participating in both the Sunday Trust League and the Surrey Slam competition, so there is lots to look forward too.
Despite the season being over, the bar is still open to members every Sunday from 12-8pm, with the Super Sunday Premier League games being shown on the projector.
We have a thriving colts section, with teams in age groups from Under-8’s all the way through to Under-19’s, who participate in competitive league and cup competitions. The club has a strong pathway for colts to progress from junior to senior cricket, with a large amount of home-grown colts playing in all senior XI’s throughout the season, a point highlighted by the fact that 18 home-grown players features in competitive first team cricket last year, 2 of which (Jamie Smith and Arun Harinath) played county cricket for Surrey.
The popular Friday evening colts pay as you play sessions will continue next season, for boys and girls (Reception – Year 2) and girls only (Years 3-6). In addition, registration is open for All Stars Cricket, the ECB led initiative – which the club also run parallel to the Friday evening sessions.”
March 2018 Update
SUTTON UNITED FC
February has been a very successful month for all teams playing for SUFC.
The first team is unbeaten in the League in 2018 (spanning eight matches) and sits second in the National League behind Macclesfield, the current leaders. With eleven games to go, the pre -season target of achieving at least a Play-off berth is still very much alive. It’s going to be an exciting run-in for sure! Attendances have been consistently over 2000 with the visit of Wrexham earlier this month attracting a crowd of over 2600.
Other teams continue to perform to a high standard too– the new Ladies team leads its division and the 3 community teams all lead their respective divisions too – in the Surrey FA League the two teams from the Club lead by significant margins. Both are also in the Semi-finals of the FA People’s Cup.
STOP Press early bird offers availalble on season ticket for next season – get your season ticket now !
SUTTON AND EPSOM RFC
– A fantastic couple of months at Rugby Lane with our 1XV nearly securing safety in the London & South-East Premier, we have got some crucial games coming up! Head to suttonrugby.co.uk to get fixture details!
– Details for our huge, end of season, Big Bash have been confirmed! Starting at 10am on Sunday 13th May, we have everything needed for a fantastic family day out at Rugby Lane! This year we have a Battle of the Bands taking place too, head to our website for further details!
– Monica Bradley Associates are our Headline Sponsors!
Based in Cheam for over twenty years, Monica Bradley Associates provide their clients with expert advice on mortgages, insurance and estate planning services, having recently expanded into a second set of premises in the heart of Cheam Village.
Managing Director, Monica Bradley comments,
“The team at Monica Bradley Associates and I are honoured to support our local club which has such a long and distinguished history, and I look forward to watching some fine rugby over the coming months!”
– The season may be ending but we’re always welcoming new members to Rugby Lane regardless of age, gender or ability! If you want to give rugby a try, please get in contact with our Community Development Officer, Sam Phillips (email@example.com).
– Summer Camp! The biggest children’s rugby camp takes place this August and we’re celebrating our camp’s 10 Year Anniversary! All children (aged 4-15) are welcome, last year we had over 300 children attending across the two weeks! Dates are: WC Monday 13th August 2018 & WC Monday 20th August 2018 – head to https://goo.gl/forms/WrGZ1MMXgYx7zRDm2 to book!
Community Officer (Special Projects)