Welcome to Sutton Cricket Club
Sutton are always on the lookout for enthusiastic players at all levels and standards. If you interested in joining Sutton CC, then please see the Join Us page.
Sutton Cricket Club was founded in 1857 and is widely regarded as one of the leading club’s in the county.
We own 2 grounds, the main ground, Cheam Road, on Gander Green Lane, Sutton and its second ground in Holmwood Close, Cheam.
Sutton Cricket Club were the inaugural winners of the Surrey Championship when the league was formed in 1968. Since then Sutton have won the league on 3 further occasions in 1991, 2006 and 2009.
Past captains of Sutton Cricket Club include: Keith Medlycott (ex-Surrey), Phil Sampson (ex-Surrey) and Johann Myburgh (current Somerset).
The club currently have 2 players who are on the professional books at Surrey in Conor McKerr and Jamie Smith.
Sutton runs 4 Saturday league sides, with the top 3 XI’s competing in the Surrey Championship, and the 4th XI competing in the Surrey Downs League. We also run a Sunday Friendly XI, a Sunday Development XI in the Surrey Trust League, a midweek XI and a Women’s XI. In addition we have a thriving junior membership of over 150 children from 4 to 17 years old.
Committee Covid-19 Update 24/03/2020
Further to the email of the 19th March we have received further information from the Surrey Championship and ECB regarding COVID-19 and the suspension of cricket. We will publish any relevant information concerning the resumption of cricket as soon as we are advised by the ECB and/or the Surrey Championship.
This inevitably means that we must restrict access to our premises and a number of planned events have been cancelled or postponed:
- All remaining indoor nets are cancelled
- The Annual Dinner on 17th April 2020 is postponed. An end of season Dinner in October could be considered as an alternative
- The De Fib training course scheduled for Wed 25th March 2020 is postponed
- Production and distribution of the Blue Book is on hold
- All cricket fixtures in April/May are cancelled including ground hires
- All planned outdoor coaching sessions are postponed until further notice
- All Stars/Dynamos cricket, awaiting guidance from the ECB
- All third party hire of the club’s facilities has been cancelled until the end of May
- The Cheam Road and Holmwood Close sites are closed until further notice
The Cricket Club committee and Ltd Co management has taken all reasonable steps to reduce operating costs. There are however, still appreciable costs incurred in ensuring that our grounds and facilities are maintained to a sufficient standard that will enable a speedy resumption when cricket resumes.
We encourage members in all categories to pay membership fees in the normal way and a big thank you to those who have already paid – it is most helpful and much appreciated. The club will of course understand that those experiencing hardship at present may not be able to do the same. If there is no cricket in 2020, the club will look to carry forward memberships into 2021 or apply pro rata discounts as necessary
If members have any questions or concerns they wish to raise, please in the first instance send your enquiry to email@example.com. We will group FAQ’s and respond to all.
Sutton Cricket Club is a family club that exists for the sole benefit of its members and it is important that we pull together as a club to support each other during the current crisis. We must ensure that we emerge stronger to meet the challenges that lay ahead for club cricket.
Sutton CC Committee and Sutton CC Ltd
- The 2019 season may have drawn to a close, but preparations for the 2020 season have begun in earnest.
- There are still dates available to hire our venues. For more information head to the Venue Hire page.
- Summer 2020 coaching schedule has been release – available here.
School Holiday Coaching Clinics 2020
Award Winners 2019
During the 2019 season, several prestigious awards are handed out for cricketing achievement at the club. This years wards winners were as follows:
- The Henderson Award for batting (most senior runs) was won by Matthew Gardner with 1070 runs
- The Henderson Award for bowling (most senior wickets) was won by Connor Griffin with 48 wickets
- The Men’s Single Wicket competition was won by Sam Griffin, who defeated Connor Griffin 9-3 in the final
- The Women’s Single Wicket competition was won by Sophia Stapleton-Parslow, who defeated Jess Lewis by facing more balls in the final
Top 10 Most Runs This Season
Top 10 Most Wickets This Season
Here at Sutton Cricket Club we are always looking for new members of all standards, abilities and ages to join the club. At present we run cricket from age 5 upwards, including scheduled fixtures for all age group sides from U8’s all the way to U15’s (as well as U17 and U19 sides).
We have a growing ladies section that currently play in a Summer weekend league, a mid week T20 league and also a winter indoor league.
We run 4 adult league sides on a Saturday (3 in the Surrey Championship and 1 in the Surrey Downs league) as well as both a friendly side, and a Development league side on a Sunday.
For any playing enquiries please contact Peter Edwards on firstname.lastname@example.org and for membership enquiries contact Bob Foster on email@example.com
Sutton Women are looking for experienced cricketers to supplement their existing squad.
Sutton Women are about to enter their 6th year and have made great strides over that period culminating in promotion as champions to the Surrey Trust Women’s League Division 1 last year.
Sutton CC has excellent practice and playing facilities and is widely regarded as one of the leading clubs in Surrey.
We offer both summer and winter practice sessions with an ECB qualified coach.
Matches are played on a Sunday afternoon with further midweek games in the Surrey Slam T20, and during the winter months, we enter an indoor cricket league.
For further information please contact Dani on 07956 135618.
Acora delivers innovative managed services, advisory services, business software and cloud solutions to mid-market organisations. More than 200 clients trust them to take responsibility for part, or all, of their business IT from the design and build of complex solutions to the day-to-day management of services.