Welcome to Sutton Cricket Club
Sutton are always on the lookout for enthusiastic players at all levels and standards. If you interested in joining Sutton CC, then please see the Join Us page.
Sutton Cricket Club was founded in 1857 and is widely regarded as one of the leading club’s in the county.
We own 2 grounds, the main ground, Cheam Road, on Gander Green Lane, Sutton and its second ground in Holmwood Close, Cheam.
Sutton Cricket Club were the inaugural winners of the Surrey Championship when the league was formed in 1968. Since then Sutton have won the league on 3 further occasions in 1991, 2006 and 2009.
Past captains of Sutton Cricket Club include: Keith Medlycott (ex-Surrey), Phil Sampson (ex-Surrey) and Johann Myburgh (current Somerset).
The club currently have 2 players who are on the professional books at Surrey in Conor McKerr and Jamie Smith.
Sutton runs 4 Saturday league sides, with the top 3 XI’s competing in the Surrey Championship, and the 4th XI competing in the Surrey Downs League. We also run a Sunday Friendly XI, a Sunday Development XI in the Surrey Trust League, a midweek XI and a Women’s XI. In addition we have a thriving junior membership of over 150 children from 4 to 17 years old.
- Adult winter training and Girls winter coaching timetables have been confirmed, scroll below for details
- A digital version of the blue book for the new season is available for download here
- For results and statistics, head to our Play Cricket Website
- The 2019 season may have drawn to a close, but preparations for the 2020 season have begun in earnest.
- There are still dates available to hire our venues. For more information head to the Venue Hire page.
On Sunday 22nd December, we are having our club Christmas drinks at Cheam Road from 1.30pm to 8.00pm.
All members and family are invited for the festive fun, where there will be Christmas music played throughout the day.
The football will be on the TV, with Man United v Watford and Chelsea v Tottenham being shown.
Any questions or queries, feel free to get in touch.
Award Winners 2019
During the 2019 season, several prestigious awards are handed out for cricketing achievement at the club. This years wards winners were as follows:
- The Henderson Award for batting (most senior runs) was won by Matthew Gardner with 1070 runs
- The Henderson Award for bowling (most senior wickets) was won by Connor Griffin with 48 wickets
- The Men’s Single Wicket competition was won by Sam Griffin, who defeated Connor Griffin 9-3 in the final
- The Women’s Single Wicket competition was won by Sophia Stapleton-Parslow, who defeated Jess Lewis by facing more balls in the final
Top 10 Most Runs This Season
Top 10 Most Wickets This Season
The 2020 indoor winter training schedule has been confirmed and details are provided in the flyer below:
These nets are open to all male & female players looking to play adult cricket next season (including to colts under the age of 18 who have the intention of playing adult cricket).
If you were are paid up club member in the 2019 season or are a paid up member already for the 2020 season then the nets are free of charge. If you are a returning / perspective new member or just looking for a net then the sessions cost £5 per session.
If you then decide to take up a playing membership with the club for the 2020 season then any net charges will be deducted from you annual membership fee.
Our girls indoor coaching schedule for this coming winter (2020) have been confirmed. Details of the sessions and how to apply are :
- When: Thursday 30th January 2020 – Thursday 16th March 2020 (no session on Thursday 20th February 2020)
- Where: Sutton High School for Girls, 86 Grove Road, Sutton, SM1 2AL
- Who: Girls who are under 8 (year 3) or older
- Cost: £65.00
- Dress-code: Tracksuit bottoms/shorts, sports top, tracksuit top/sweatshirt, non-marking trainers
- How do I sign up: Download the application form and submit to email@example.com
Q – Do I have to be a member to join?
A – This course is open to all girls who want to learn/improve their cricket skills. Places will assigned on a first come / first serve basis.
Q – How are the sessions run?
A – All sessions are run by ECB qualified coaches.
Q- Who can I contact for more information?
A – Peter Edwards on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07720 446841
Here at Sutton Cricket Club we are always looking for new members of all standards, abilities and ages to join the club. At present we run cricket from age 5 upwards, including scheduled fixtures for all age group sides from U8’s all the way to U15’s (as well as U17 and U19 sides).
We have a growing ladies section that currently play in a Summer weekend league, a mid week T20 league and also a winter indoor league.
We run 4 adult league sides on a Saturday (3 in the Surrey Championship and 1 in the Surrey Downs league) as well as both a friendly side, and a Development league side on a Sunday.
For any playing enquiries please contact Peter Edwards on email@example.com and for membership enquiries contact Bob Foster on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sutton Women are looking for experienced cricketers to supplement their existing squad.
Sutton Women are about to enter their 6th year and have made great strides over that period culminating in promotion as champions to the Surrey Trust Women’s League Division 1 last year.
Sutton CC has excellent practice and playing facilities and is widely regarded as one of the leading clubs in Surrey.
We offer both summer and winter practice sessions with an ECB qualified coach.
Matches are played on a Sunday afternoon with further midweek games in the Surrey Slam T20, and during the winter months, we enter an indoor cricket league.
For further information please contact Dani on 07956 135618.
Acora delivers innovative managed services, advisory services, business software and cloud solutions to mid-market organisations. More than 200 clients trust them to take responsibility for part, or all, of their business IT from the design and build of complex solutions to the day-to-day management of services.